Saturday, April 7, 2018

Dragon Birthday Wishes

In the card I'm sharing today, I'm pairing a celestial theme background die from Hero Arts card kit with the dragon stamp set from Mama Elephant. I started by watercoloring the background with 4-5 different muted tone blue and purples from Daniel Smith watercolor. After drying, I stamped the mountains/clouds and heat embossed it. I also put some white dots using white gel pen. I stamped the drgaon and wolf on another piece of watercolor paper and watercolored them with almost the same set of colors as the background. I cut them out and used doubled sided foam tape to adhere them to the card.



I'm submitting this card to the following challenges.
   
Supplies used in this card:
  • Mama Elephant Me and my dragon stamp set (ME)
  • Mama Elephant Dragon wishes stamp set (ME)
  • Hero Arts My Monthly Hero card kit August 2017 (HA)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a phenomenal card! The colors have that magical feel and I love how the palette is in rich darker tones. The sentiment pairs so perfectly with the scene and I am impressed at how well you blended all the different stamp sets together. This made me smile and is worthy of high praise for how whimsical and gorgeous it is. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I already loved the Mama Elephant stamp set, but your scene is gorgeous. The dragon looks awesome in the blue-purple-ish colours.

    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is adorable, I love your dragon card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous background and amazing coloring on the dragon - thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete